Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I saw a post that made me a little upset, Female Nurses for Soldiers. I thought it would be Walt revering in how much these women are helpful and how caring, beautiful and unique each woman is, but no. True, he does pay a bit of respect to the volunteers, but they aren't good enough. I know these men deserve a lot, but these women volunteered out of the goodness of their hearts and he is not satisfied. He says, the nurses should be mothers, or old ladies and I agree that mothers have a certain touch and way about caring for people but someone who volunteers to help wounded men, have a certain heart as well. At the end he says,
"There are plenty of excellent clean old black women that would make tip-top nurses. "
This reminds me of the stereotype of the "mammie". I just didn't think Walt would have a thought as this.
And I think being around any kind of woman is helpful for a soldier that has seen the worst of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment